Tableau is a 36-storey mixed-use building designed by Wallman Architects featuring 410 residential suites, 25,000 sq.ft. of office space and retail space at the ground level. Suites and amenities are beautifully designed by Cecconi Simone with outdoor space and landscape created by Claude Cormier Landscape Architects.
The signature element of the building is a structural “table” on which the residential portion of the building sits, strategically locating it above the site’s existing warehouse building. The front of this building is being reinterpreted and reconstructed and will accommodate the commercial office space, ground floor lobby and retail. The table structure also creates a large, four-storey colonnaded public plaza on Richmond Street.
• Residential suites also include
a 27” stacked washer/dryer.
Buildi ng Details
• A “smart” urban development, Tableau is being developed on a downtown site, close to public transit, using existing municipal infrastructure.
• Residents will benefit from membership in an on-site car-share program.
• Tableau will have a green roof and a rainwater storage system, allowing rainwater to be collected and used for on-site irrigation. The collection and use of rainwater on-site has a major benefit of reducing and possibly eliminating storm water runoff into the city’s storm water system.
• All suites will have water efficient toilets, faucets and showerheads; zero VOC-emitting paints and low-emitting paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants and flooring.
• Overall energy usage will be reduced as against the Model National Energy Code for Buildings by using energy efficient windows and lighting, Energy Star tar ™ appliances**, high-efficiency boilers, and heat recovery ventilators (HRVs). Installed to recover heat typically exhausted from suites, HRVs have the added benefit of importing fresh air directly from the outside, rather than through corridors.
• All units will be individually metered for hydro, allowing occupants to control their electricity use – and be rewarded for an energy-conscious lifestyle.
• An advanced recycling system will be installed in the building, allowing residents to separate recyclable materials at source.
• Full building life-cycle commissioning will be put in place, reducing callbacks and complaints and ensuring that the building and all its equipment operate
at the optimum performance level.
• A comprehensive education and training program will be offered to residents upon occupancy to ensure that everyone understands the benefits of the building’s sustainability features and will be able to take full advantage
Safety and Security
• 24-hour per day concierge service.
• Enterphone system in main lobby
and parking vestibule for visitor
• Strategically located security cameras.
• Fob-based access system at all main building entry points and amenity entrances.
• Sprinkler system throughout the building for fire protection.
• Smoke detectors in every suite and all common areas.
• Garage is painted white and brightly lit.
lectrical and Communication
• Pre-wired for telephone and cable outlets in living areas and bedrooms with high-speed internet access available.
• Electrical service panel with breakers.
• Switch controlled receptacles in living areas and bedrooms.
• Track lighting in kitchen.
• Tarion Warranty Corporation New Home Warranty Protection.
• One Year, Two Year and Seven Year warranty protection as per Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines.
• Manufacturer’s warranty on appliances.